So I'm Finally Blogging....
OK... here goes...
In my experience of the Honors Forum class... I think that we are beating a dead horse, beating around the bush, beating ourselves up trying to find something to talk about. We're being beat. This subject is not hard, but it sure isn't easy. When coming into this, I knew nothing about French government, politics, immigration problems, you name it. I knew French fries... but that's about it.
Now it seems like I am even more confused. I feel like the last week we were together, November 29th, we were starting to hit on something good. We weren't being repetitive, and we weren't making silly comments or coming up with common sense answers. We started discussing real answers and real problems. I'm actually kind of sad that we are reaching this point in just the last couple classes we have together.
I like the fact that globalization became a main point for discussion. What is globalization, will it ever happen, and are we ready for it and are we capable of it? I think these are big questions that need to be answered. France is similar to the US in the way it goes about things, and it is starting to remind me of the Civil Rights Movement. Maybe what the people being oppressed in France need is a big rights activist, similar to our own Martin Luther King, Jr. Just an idea of mine.
I guess what I really want to say about the class is that we are moving forward finally in our discussion and our ideas are starting to be expressed and everyone is starting to come together better! I hated the class at first, to be honest, and now I actually like it! I try to put in my two cents every week, but it seems like what I am about to say comes out of someone else's mouth, so if I nod at you when you say something, I agree and was thinking the same thing! (Most of this is directed to my dear fellow loud-mouth, Ciara Lipsey.)
In short, we are coming to an end, but we are actually reaching the beginning.
BAHAHA I came up with that one all by myself...
Oh, and I officially hate snow, except for the fact that I got to watch people wipe out all day.
Yay.
I LOVE you all, my fellow honors buddies
Mo-Gan
In my experience of the Honors Forum class... I think that we are beating a dead horse, beating around the bush, beating ourselves up trying to find something to talk about. We're being beat. This subject is not hard, but it sure isn't easy. When coming into this, I knew nothing about French government, politics, immigration problems, you name it. I knew French fries... but that's about it.
Now it seems like I am even more confused. I feel like the last week we were together, November 29th, we were starting to hit on something good. We weren't being repetitive, and we weren't making silly comments or coming up with common sense answers. We started discussing real answers and real problems. I'm actually kind of sad that we are reaching this point in just the last couple classes we have together.
I like the fact that globalization became a main point for discussion. What is globalization, will it ever happen, and are we ready for it and are we capable of it? I think these are big questions that need to be answered. France is similar to the US in the way it goes about things, and it is starting to remind me of the Civil Rights Movement. Maybe what the people being oppressed in France need is a big rights activist, similar to our own Martin Luther King, Jr. Just an idea of mine.
I guess what I really want to say about the class is that we are moving forward finally in our discussion and our ideas are starting to be expressed and everyone is starting to come together better! I hated the class at first, to be honest, and now I actually like it! I try to put in my two cents every week, but it seems like what I am about to say comes out of someone else's mouth, so if I nod at you when you say something, I agree and was thinking the same thing! (Most of this is directed to my dear fellow loud-mouth, Ciara Lipsey.)
In short, we are coming to an end, but we are actually reaching the beginning.
BAHAHA I came up with that one all by myself...
Oh, and I officially hate snow, except for the fact that I got to watch people wipe out all day.
Yay.
I LOVE you all, my fellow honors buddies
Mo-Gan

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home